The Dairy opened at the end of August this year at No.25 Bretonside. The name harks back to the days when this was part of Treville Street, and the Plymouth Mutual and Industrial Co-operative Society set up their first dairy here, alongside the King’s Head – in 1882 (it was later superseded by the erstwhile Radnor Dairy in 1920).
However, business partners, Alex Warner and Ben Elliott, found plenty of reminders of the premises’ dairy days when they refurbished the property earlier this year and original floor and wall tiles have been imaginatively incorporated into the current design.
Already a popular venue, with its own Facebook page, the Dairy is one of the many new bars to have opened in the wake of the expansion of the University of Plymouth.
2009 - Alex Warner