Time was when there were a handful of beerhouses and other commercial premises on both sides of Bath Street, with the very grand Royal Union Baths at the Union Street end.
The introduction of the railway, although impacting on the neighbourhood generally had little initial impact on the fabric of the street. However as the railway expanded so the Baths were demolished, along with the whole eastern side of the thoroughfare to accommodate the widening of the bridge across Union Street and the extra tracks that were laid down for the expanding Millbay Station terminus. Soon the arches underneath the new structure will filled with a different style of commercial activity.
Interestingly enough William Lillicrap was described as a beer retailer and baker and early in the twentieth century, the premises was occupied by a specialist baker.
1857 - William Lillicrap
1890 - Richard Weeks