Manor House Inn
It certainly wasn’t inside the Plymouth boundary when it was open for business, but today the boundary bends just enough to include what was the mid-nineteenth century Manor House Inn.
Only ever listed as being in the hands of one or other member of the Gould family (Mary then Edwin), the Manor House Inn appears to be synonymous with the Manor Farm which was run by the same family well into the twentieth century.
Standing a little to the east of Staddiscombe golf course, Manor Farm is just to the north of the junction of Hooe Lane, Bovisand Road and Staddiscombe Road.
By no means an uncommon name for a pub, each example is almost invariably a converted old Manor House.
1857 - Mrs Mary Gould
1866-79 - Edwin Gould