Fortune of War (Millbay)
The address of this early nineteenth century public house was Millbay Grove which meant that it was one of a handful of properties in a small terrace facing north-west looking out over the top end of Millbay and the site that, by the end of the 1940s would become Millbay Railway Station (where Plymouth Pavilions now stands).
The following decade the whole of Millbay Grove fell prey to the hands of the developer and the site was cleared in order that the Duke of Cornwall Hotel could be erected in its stead.
Curiously enough there were two other, later, Fortunes of War in the Three Towns: one in Castle Street, the other in Fore Street, Stonehouse.
1823 - W Teppett
1830 - Catherine Jewell