It seems odd to reflect that while there was a Devonport Railway Inn and a Devonport Wine and Spirit Vaults in Devonport, there was never a Devonport Inn, there was, however, one in Plymouth, albeit briefly, and there is still one, today, in Kingsand.
The short-lived Plymouth beerhouse of that name was in a short and somewhat narrow thoroughfare that ran between Mill Street and Richmond Street – Milton Street. All three are now long gone, but the Devonport Inn would have stood diagonally pointing towards the entrance to Halford’s in Cornwall Street. Opened when the street was new in the middle of the nineteenth century, the pub had closed by 1873, by which time Bill Arscott was selling butter, rather than beer, from the premises.
1862 - John Stidston
1865 - WH Saunders