Builder’s Arms (Regent Street)
On the western corner of Gibbons Street and Regent Street was a building that formerly housed the Builder’s Arms. Apparently run by two sisters for much of the later part of the nineteenth century the site now is a part of the relatively new University building that stretches a long way up Gibbon Street.
A common enough pub name in its day (the late nineteenth century) –particularly in areas where green field sites were becoming heavily built up and many men would have been working up a thirst in the construction industry – the Three Towns once had a number of Builder’s Arms dotted around the place, however, for some reason, none of them survived long into the twentieth century.
1867 - Sarah White
1890 - Jane White
1911 - W Burgoyne